Tuesday, October 6, 2015

This week was pretty simple


Waiting for a miracle.
We tried to meet with one of our investigators, we'll call him little B, he is a male so we have to have a member sit in on each of the lessons, so this Tuesday we planned to meet with him but our usual members were busy, so we started calling other people in the ward, I'm pretty sure we called people for an hour trying to find a female to sit in, but we couldn't.  But we didn't cancel the appointment, we prayed for a miracle, knowing we had tried our hardest and that God would fill in the rest. So we get to the church and meet up with little B, but the members that were in the church were going to institute so they couldn't sit it, so we waited and waited, for 20 minutes hoping with faith, that a miracle would happen, and then walks in the sisters from the Songino Ward!!! YES!! OUR MIRACLES ARRIVED! They had just been burned by an investigator so they decided to come the church. I'm glad they listened to the spirit and came to the church! and so of course we were able to have our lesson (: #miralceshappen

Another investigator we will call him eternal T, he's been an investigator for a while, but hasn't felt ready for baptism, but this week we taught him a lesson and we've felt he's coming closer to being ready, but as we were ending the lesson about General Conference and prophets. He said, "I want to be baptized" AHHHH!!! YES!!! I hope that desire will continue to grow and that he will feel that confirmed during general conference this weekend! and then that he can prepare himself! Being a missionary has its ups!

...and it has its downs, let's be real that's life! so this week I asked for a blessing because I was feeling stressed, and President Benson, talked to me for a bit. I'm grateful that even though my dad's not here to give me a blessing, that President Benson could give me a blessing and that I can still receive that same peace even though I am on the other side of the world. This gospel is great (:

I got flowers this week from the staff at my school! #teacherappreciationday!

My companion and I walked into a little store on Saturday and asked if they have this gum called "love is" and the lady said yes, so my companion asked to buy 3 or so but the lady said they only sell them in packs, so my companion was a little confused but said sure, and so she hands the lady her money and the lady whips out a pack of cigarettes! and my shocked companion explained that she wanted to buy gum not cigarettes (: #apparentlytheladyheardherwrong #WHOOPS

That was my week, good and bad but you just keep going, and eat a few cookies along the way that's always a good idea! HAVE A GREAT WEEK, cause that's what this week is going to be!!
 
Sister Bennett (:

At district meeting.  Thanks for the mustache stickers Andrew!

My companion and I
I think I spend more time on the bus then in my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment