Wednesday, September 30, 2015

6 MONTHS DOWN, 6 WEEKS TO GO!!


(haha I'll explain) This week was transfers, I'm again in Unur! and again have Sister Munkhzul for a companion! WOO! So I hit my 6 months mark this week and my companion only has 6 weeks till her mission ends, two different ends of the spectrum that's for sure! (: but we are going have to work stinking hard! but bring it on! (:

This week I learned how to say ITS SNOWING, yeah it SNOWED this week! Mongolia skipped fall and went straight from hot to cold! it was crazy! :O but my companion keeps saying this is fall, and I've already busted out the fleece tights and scarves. #lasvegasgirl #inmongolia

We had four investigators in sacrament this week!!!! WOOO! That's quadruple what we had the week before!! #rejoiceinthelittleblessings

My companion was trying to remember an English word that starts with T this week, and so she described when you use it and such but as I tried to think what the word might be, all I could have come to mind was MONGOLIAN WORDS! it was AWESOME! haha yeah we didn't ever figure out the word but hey my Mongolian is growing, and that's a miracle in itself, which I know God has helped me with (: #feelingGrateful

During my English class I went to go grab a marker from the other room, and I was jogging too fast, with no grip on the bottom of my shoes, and with my entire class watching, I biffed it. I pretty much slipped and almost died! (: then I had to pause and laugh at myself of course but I only share this because Sister Bennett still is clumsy don't not worry that has not changed (: #isurvived #withmywholeclasswatching

Saturday we were walking to our apartment and we see a tourist and I love talking to tourists they speak English! (: so we caught up with her but she was still faster than us. So with her walking away I see her backpack had a Canadian flag on it. YEAH THEN I REALLY NEEDED TO TALK TO HER! so I called out to her and said can I ask you a question and I asked if she was from Canada and where? We had a great little conversation. and she was seriously so sweet! She told me her name was Dana from British Columbia!  Can you get much better than Canada and Mongolia?! haha (: SO DANA from B.C. if  you ever read this, THANKS FOR MAKING MY DAY! #Mongolia&Canada #ilovethemboth

Well to finish it all off, what I'm grateful for at the end of the day is this gospel. I've realized that real happiness comes from living this gospel. If I had the money I could buy someone all the greatest gifts in the world but it wouldn't give them the lasting joy and peace from feeling the spirit and living this gospel. I know our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and that is why he gave us a wonderful plan of salvation. I love this Gospel! and I love Mongolia (:

Lately my companion keeps saying how much she needs "bailey" because bailey is gloves in Mongolian and I get a kick out of it every time :P Have a great week, and enjoy Conference this weekend, we will be watching it the following weekend so don't send spoilers (;
 
Sister Glove (:
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment