Monday, April 18, 2016

Magnificent Mongolian missionary life!

HELLO! 

So I pretty much have the best investigators and the best companion! What else could someone ask for right?! I could almost end my email right there. ha! but I wont. 

We got in a taxi on Tuesday and it was a mom and a little girl. The little girl turned around in her seat and kind of stared at us for a little bit. 
Then she asked "where are you from?" 
and we told her "how about you guess?" and she goes, "hmmm KOREA!"
 "nope." 
"hmm China!" 
"nope"
"ENGLAND"
 "nope but we speak english"
That really stumped her. 
"You're from NOWHERE!"
"hahaha nope we are from America!"
It was too cute! (:

Then we asked this same 7 year old girl what her favorite color was and she said "I like blue!...but I don't like three colors. Do you want to know what those colors are?"
"sure!"
"I dont like white, red and Black! I don't like white because its the color of ghosts, I don't like red cause its in a lot of scary movies, and I don't like black because its the color of the Devil!" Her Mom and us all laughed! it was too cute! #cutegirlsintaxis

I made the best tsuivan this week!! Unfortunately I still cannot make the noodles... so we bought those from the store! :P

We met with an investigator and read the Book of Mormon with her before starting the lesson, and we read about Nephi building a boat. Then we taught the lesson on pray often and study the scriptures and she at the end of something asked if she could add something, and she added that we are all building a boat to get to heaven just like nephi was building a boat! And in order to build a good boat we have to read our scriptures and pray everyday! It was the best connection! #Buildingaboattogettoheaven

We also had an investigator tell us they read the Book of Mormon everyday this week!! That is a missionaries dream come true!

Funny moments in my English class:

We were singing what a wonderful world and theres a part where the song goes, "What their really saying is I love you." and one of my students said right after saying that said "oh me?!" (:

On of my English students is trying to start a trend for the shortening of Good Job to instead saying GJ! Catch the Gj trend!

Lastly theres a student who is 6 and I told the class to read this story with their partner but he didn't have a partner. So he started telling his imaginary partner! "Hey read!.... hey! read.... hey read!..." while pretending to push his imaginary partner! haha

Love them!

Here's the thing I learned this week everything works better when you just do what God would have you do! That's something I'll be learning for the rest of my life right?! But Really I love being a missionary! I wouldn't take this decision back for the world!

Sister Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment