Friday, April 10, 2015

SEIZE THE DAY!

HELLO from the MTC,

The map!

I am still alive don't worry! (: but General Conference  was pretty good this weekend! HUH? One thing I loved was how much about families it was, I really enjoyed the metaphor Elder Andersen used about music. That we can learn to dance but you have to hear the music. I also really loved the quote by Elder Renlund, that God cares more about what we are becoming than what we were. Just keep moving forward! but it was super awesome when they announced the new temples and when they announced Thailand all the missionaries going there screamed and cheered! I'm sure Mikaela was one of those! haha

 
Sister Anderson (Mikaela) and I, she has been called to serve in 
Thailand, Bangkok Mission


Well, apparently this week we learned, I snore (thanks for telling me Stephanie :P haha) and  that Sister Wilkins talks in her sleep. So last night I hear Sister WIlkins mumble a little and then she says Nephi and then she mumbles some more. haha!! #TrueMissionaryRightThere

Well, unfortunately, on Sunday morning we lost a brother. Elder Disney went home and on Saturday when he told us we were so sad, we walked back to the apartment in silence... We miss him and pray for him! because Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. Good Luck Elder Disney!

Here's our Mongolian Slip up of the week:
All four of us were teaching our investigator this week about the aonement. Sister Wilkins was explaining about how we all sin but that we can repent through the atonment, but instead of saying, "I sin, you sin, we all sin." She said, " I am sin, you are sin, we are all sin." WHOOPS! then Elder Mulder tried to correct her since, our investigator seemed confused, so he said, "sin is the same as mistakes." so we taught our investogator that we are all mistakes! The church is still true! #MongolianMishaps

MA, MY BLOW DRYER WORKS!!... maybe too well.
So I'm sitting on the floor reviewing flashcards and blow drying my hair, and smell burning. I think it's weird but keep blow drying my hair. The smell gets stronger! and I look at my hair and I burned SOME CHUNKS OF MY HAIR OFF!!! The rest of the day I kept having bits of hair fallout! People probably thought I was shedding or something. Don't worry #imnotbald
 
 What used to be my hair!

Vocal Point came on Sunday night, that was the first time I had heard music besides singing hymns. They also shared some mission experiences, they also sang Seize The Day! from Newsies which I thought was very appropiate maybe not for Sunday. Shoutout to Pat for always telling me to seize the day! #ilovemusic

So as you were curious how my companionship is going, the other night Sister Wilkins goes "Sisters we don't have enough problems, do we have any problems?" haha So I would say we get along pretty well!



Yesterday, we had an English fast in our Mongolian class, it was so hard but super awesome. I love how when we are speaking Mongolian and bearing testimony of what we know you can feel the spirit even though our words are so simple.

Well that's been my week, always crazy, but always good, SO SEIZE THE DAY!
 

Love ya,
Sister Bennett


All the sister going to Mongolia!
My companions might have a little too much fun!
Awkward mission photo with Elder Robbins (Colby) he's going to Taiwan.
With Sister Anderson and Elder Robbins!  (Roommate and friend from BYUI)
It snowed Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment