Sunday, August 28, 2016

I'm a rock star but Sister Hartley is the best!

From August 8th

This week we went to the doctors and got an xray and she told me and my companion "she’s got a bit of baad bronchitis in both er lungs" haha! so she gave me a different antibiotic (which I took the last one of today!!) and told me to pretty much not move too much for 3 days :P so we didn’t meet with very many people this week either, but now I’m feeling much better so I think this week should be better! (:

From church this week, I really got the feeling of how much we really strengthen each other. One person goes up and bears their testimony and then another person goes up and said how they felt obligated to come up because so and so came up. Then also how in our testimonies we bounce off of each other’s testimonies and it’s just so great that’s why we go to church! So go to church peeps. Then you can strengthen and be strengthened. 

This week we taught my little English class of a bunch of 5 year olds about colors and sang old MacDonald probably 15 times (not exaggerating), twinkle twinkle, the hokey pokey and our abcs. They are soo cute but these little shinanigans are crazy! one time we turn around and this little boy is doing a headstand?! You are going to break your neck child!? another time another litttle boy ran into the door for fun and just about broke the door! :P but it was our last time teaching them this week. I might miss their absolute craziness but only a little bit. :P

I know God sends us little blessings and Sister Hartley has definitely been one of those these past two weeks, she makes sure I take my pills when I’m supposed to, has made food every day this week, and tells me "I’m a rock star" all the time ha ha! She’s the best!

My favorite scripture of the week was about Alma and Amulaek are teaching the people and Zeezrom was wicked and had been lying to the people guiding them away from the truth and then he realized what he had done and he says, "his soul began to be harrowed up (distressed) under a consciousness of his own guilt; yea he began to be encircled about by the pains of hell." as I read it, that is what true remorse is for sins, and I would say that the way the scripture put it was really accurate for how we should feel when we are trying to repent. I will be sharing that will my investigators from now on. (:

Anyways yay for a little less bronchitis this week! and wish Sister Hartley and I luck we are teaching a training this week! (: yay!
Sister Bennett (:

So here's a little paragraph from Sister Hartley's email the same week...
"Well I don't know what to fill you all in on! 
Last monday we went to the doctor and sister Bennett had xrays and turns out "she got a bit a baaad bronchitis in both er lungs". (The Doctor was a really nice lady from South Africa with a cool accent)  So we got a ton of heavy meds and syrups and stuff and I've had to remind Sister bennett when and what to take almost every time cause the pills kinda make her pass out and forget. Poor girl, her cough sounds  horrible and NO missionary likes to be sick...EVER. not even with the sniffles and here she is.. with THE BRONCHITIS IN BOTH HER LUNGS. She's slowly getting better though! Saturday night neither of us slept too well because she was coughing soooo much. Last night was really good. We set goals this week for me to give more sympathy and her to try not to complain. Haha. I actually love my companion with all my heart and feel the need to put that in here because the love is so real. We learn lots form each other daily and have really good conversations. She's got my back and I've got hers."

 
Also from Sister Harley, Is Sister Bennett still praying or is she asleep?  Poor girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment