Monday, June 20, 2016

The best prayers are the sincere ones.

On Wednesday night we brought a member with us to a lesson and as we were walking together to the investigators home she mentioned her number 1 dream was to serve a mission. We kept talking and mentioned she could come with us to more lessons. Then I had the thought that night after prayer that maybe she should serve a mini mission this coming transfer. (a mini mission is where pretty much you serve a mission for a transfer with a full time missionary). Then the next day the mission office called and I asked if they needed any mini missionaries for this next transfer and they said they needed 1!!! So we are sending her on a mini mission this next transfer! She is super excited and I'm grateful to have been able to follow that prompting.
It's the little thoughts people! 
Follow them!

On Friday I was teaching English I excused a boy's partner to go to the bathroom. Then I had the class doing partner work and I went up to the boy whose partner was missing and I asked him jokingly what happened to your partner? and he said, "he died" I pretty much died inside when he said that! too funny.

We were riding the bus home and by the end of the bus ride my companion and I talked about English to the people sitting on either side of us on the bus. It was sweet! (: 

We have been teaching this family specifically the mom and the older daughter since February.  Then the 7 year old daughter had come to church in February and really didn't enjoy it. but she came to church this past Sunday and sat in primary this time and LOVED IT!! I had given her a missionary name tag paper a week or two before where she put her name on the tag and she wore that all through church.  Then we went to their house that night and we asked the 7 year old to say the prayer and she said no at first and we gave her some pep talk and then taught prayer and then she was willing to pray. It was the cutest most sincere prayer I've heard from a little kid. She thought about each line she said but my favorite line from her prayer was "thank you that the sisters could come over. and thank you that sister Bennett told me I could become a missionary". I was crying. The best prayers are the sincere ones.

This week we were in a little store and as we were walking to the cash register the cashier was pointing at us and said talk to them to a man who was standing by the register, but the other man didn't seem to understand what was going on and seemed frazzled. So we asked can we help you? in English and he pulls out a 100$ dollar bill and wanted to exchange it. So then I translated it. and the cashier said he couldn't do that. So we mentioned maybe he could go to the bank but he mentioned they are closed. Unfortunately this man was stuck with his 100$ bill until he could exchange it in the morning when they would be open again. So before he left we asked if we could help him out any other way and he declined and left. but as I was thinking about it without the right currency he was definitely out of place. Then I was thinking how this relates to heaven and in heaven the right kind of currency would be a testimony. If we don't have that I think we will be out of place and it would just be strange to be there. so that's my interesting thought of the week, start saving up and working hard now for that right kind of currency. #iShouldWriteaGeneralConferenceTalk

Other than that our week has just been simple and plain (: things are good!
Sister Bennett

Byma and us wearing the rings she gave us! She is the cutest.

Last week, a man herding some goats in the countryside.  


No comments:

Post a Comment